Retail Shelf Planner has just got even better
What's new in 2018 update?
- Improved Drag & Drop - now more in line with Windows behaviour
- Creating new planogram wizard - quickly creates a new planogram
- Save as template - you can now create template planograms
- Open Multiple planograms at the same time
- User defined status bar - customize what you see in status bar
- Second filter option - when adding products to planogram
- Right and left shelf overhangs now included in software
- Shelves automatically resize when you resize the segment width
- Speed of live images has improved significantly
- New filter on import option when using Excel
- Plus many more software speed and conversion enhancements
Planograms as a commercial tool
Many successes have been achieved using planograms as part of trade marketing or account management activities. However, for years this was only available for large, wealthy companies. Not any longer! Now a powerful, yet affordable solution exists, allowing companies with smaller budgets and less commercial staff to enter the game as well. With no initial investment in software and annual subscription license fees starting* at €1000 for the Express edition, and €1750 for the Enterprise edition, everybody can now use a professional planogramming tool like Retail Shelf Planner and take advantage of the following benefits;
- More influence on the assortment carried and allocation of space
- A shelf layout that stimulates the consumers’ buying behaviour
- Higher sales and improved customer-satisfaction through reduction of out-of-stocks
- Quick and cost effective “reality-check” when developing new product packaging
- Increased success with product introductions
- Improved relationships with trading partners
- More insights in your performance versus your competitors
- More control of your product range and space
- Detailed analysis of your product and category performance
- Ability to build 'what if' scenarios
Tailored to your needs
Retail Shelf Planner has been developed knowing that not every company and person is the same. It is therefore for example possible to switch between English, French, German, Italian and Dutch. In addition you can choose from two different versions, each with a specific combination of functionality and price, so that a solution is available for every budget:
- Express-edition, for users who want to create, view and print professional visual shelf layout proposals
- Enterprise-edition, for users who want to further optimize the financial performance with “what-if” analyses
By concentrating on the most important functionality and leaving out all these features that you’d be using hardly ever or never at all, we've ensured that Retail Shelf Planner is very easy to use allowing you to create planograms quickly and efficiently. Even if that’s only a small and infrequent task in your overall responsibilities.
Simulate reality for better results
Retail Shelf Planner replicates reality in a simple and quick way. Schematic or photorealistic replications of shelf and Peg boards are displayed on your screen, so that your commercial vision, knowledge of the category and insights in the consumer can easily be translated in a shelf layout.
Compete at the same level
It’s also possible to achieve great results with a visually supported commercial vision, even if you don’t have access to detailed information about revenue and margins of all products in the category it may be possible to make assumptions based on your own knowledge of the category margins and retail prices. At the very least you will will have the same tools and possibilities as the larger companies who invest large amounts in the space planning process which will put you at the same level with your competitors.
You will then be more than able to compete at the same level by creating professional planograms to demonstrate your vision for the category or demonstrate how your new products fit into that vision.
Check out this video of our new features
Make informed decisions
The visual planogram will already provide insights in the share of space, facings or unit inventory per segment, supplier or brand. These shares can then be compared with general market shares and differences be used as the basis for commercial discussions and proposals.
When more detailed information is available, Retail Shelf Planner can support the development of a financially-based proposal through powerful what-if simulations:
- With sales-data and replenishment info, a balance can be found between consumer demand and shelf-inventory leading to higher sales through reduced out-of-stocks and potentially lower inventory costs
- Take market trends into consideration to build future oriented plans and proposals
- Use margins to optimize the ROI of the category and available shelf space
This way it’s possible to further deepen and professionalize the usage of planograms over time. Step by step, with increasing availability of data and improving relationships with trading partners.
Analyse and report
Retail Shelf Planner offers powerful, yet easy to use analysis features. With visual analyses you review the planogram in different colour-schemes to see: read more here
- Where the best and worst performing products are located
- If shelf inventory is in balance with consumer demand
- How products perform between margin and volume
- Which products potentially should be replaced
Through a dynamic scorecard, insights from the visual analyses are easily translated into the financial consequences of the chosen shelf layout. To which extend will you be missing sales (and thus profits) because of out-of-stocks? How much capital has been invested in inventory? What is the average margin, ROI and stock turns? Etc.
Using the various capabilities you can identify the optimal situation within the physical and commercial boundaries you’re dealing with. For further analysis and communication of the results with reports and charts you’ll find a seamless link with Microsoft Excel. This link allows you to create professional reports and analyses with a single mouse-click, using the standard templates, or additional ones tailored to your specific requirements
Link with other systems and processes
Retail Shelf Planner offers flexible possibilities to add additional data to your planograms with the ability to import data from an Excel spreadsheet. This data can come from your internal IT-systems (e.g. ERP or financial), a market research company, straight from the retailer you’re doing a project with, or a combination of all of those.
Exchange of information with companies that use other space planning software can be done with Retail Shelf Planner’s ability to open and save planograms in the pln-, psa-, and xml-formats. Last, but not least, it is also possible to store planograms in a relational database when an even closer integration with your internal systems and processes is required.
If you need to improve your planogramming skills or just want to learn the basics of planogramming Shelfstock can help, we offer half day or full day training at very competitive rates and we can tailor a training program to your specific needs Contact us, or send an email for more information.
The solution for you?
Planograms have become a very common tool for companies who believe in putting the consumer in the centre of their business. Thanks to its flexibility Retail Shelf Planner can be used in many different situations: Retailers, wholesalers and all other companies who deal with selling products in a self-service environment. Suppliers who want to be a professional partner for their trading clients through (trade) marketing and sales-support activities.
* Note prices decrease when multiple licenses are used by the same company in the same location.